Thursday, July 12, 2012

This is bat country.








Outfit Rundown:
Top - Target and altered/destroyed by me
Cowl - Plastic Viscera
Skirt - Plastic Viscera
Boots - Dr.Martens

This is one of my outfits from Electric Daisy Carnival Vegas this year! I was going for a post apocalyptic/desert punkish look. Everything was sort of thrown together last minute so I could have probably used a few more accessories but I think it turned out alright considering I was cutting up and altering my shirt and accessories the night before we headed out to Vegas (I can't do anything in advance. Such a procrastinator)!

My cowl and skirt are both from a lovely etsy seller Plastic Viscera. She makes beautiful apocalypse inspired clothing! Her designs are great for dressing up for something more costume-y or dressing down for casual wear.

This was my first time using a desert backdrop for photos and I now totally wish we had somewhere like this close to where I live in Oregon (I don't want the heat though! Anything over 90 is waaay too warm for my tastes). All I could think about for half the drive from Portland to Vegas was how great all the small super run down desert towns along the way would be for a apocalypse/zombie inspired shoot.

7 comments: